Best Passover 2023 Recipes! Plus NEW: Karen’s Mosaic Carrot Kugel with Dill
Healthful and Hearty Passover Recipes you can make with confidence. For the Seder and through Eight Days…
Brighten up the holiday with some creative, colorful and healthy dishes ~ from Soup to Dessert.
Find all the inspiration you need here to plan a Passover menu that you and your guests will love.
WOW-Factor! A light soufflé-like kugel studded with colorful carrots that creates a mosaic look that’s stunning!
A pretty simple recipe that produces a delicious & gorgeous kugel casserole – you cut in squares.
The texture is light and airy – eggs surround the carrots (that are cubed 1/2″) – dill is added for flavor and color contrast.
A Big Batch Side-Dish (serves 12) That Pairs Well With All Your Passover Main Courses.
Fluffy Quinoa with Onions, Leeks and Spring Veggies, adorned with Fresh Mint – all will love!
Perhaps the most beloved, of all Passover dishes – Matzo Ball Soup is traditionally served at the beginning of the Seder meal. Make my Gluten-Free Matzo Balls, all will enjoy the soup – they are delicious!
Make these for the Passover holiday (or year-round!) all will enjoy, they are delicious, fluffy and tender.
Matzo Ball Soup with Large and Mini sizes with Spring Vegetables~ For Vegetarian serve with Vegetable Broth.
My foolproof recipe for tender and tasty Matzo Balls for Passover or anytime!
The Matzo Balls sit in a rich chicken broth with julienned carrots and fresh dill sprigs.
Main Course: (Got Brisket? ~ Add some Chicken & Fish main courses to the mix!)
This recipe has what you are looking for! Roast succulent pieces of chicken, seasoned perfectly with the addition of allspice – with hints of cloves, cinnamon and pepper. Chock full of ingredients – as you can see! Brimming with Colorful Heirloom Carrots, Shallots, Prunes and Garlic and the most delicious Balsamic-Rosemary Sauce… or should I say gravy?
Easy to make gluten free and for Passover using matzo cake meal.
The chicken is very tender, coated with a zesty lemon butter sauce. (Can use vegan butter and matzo cake meal to coat.)
In the style of French “Francaise” ~ this is an updated version, a recipe every cook should master!
Ok – a little modern for the Seder table… lovely flavors and perfect for the eight days of Passover. (Recipe contains yogurt – can try a vegan yogurt too.)
Healthy and Oh-So Colorful! A Zesty But Light Sauce enriches many recipes and perfect with my Grilled Chicken Skewers.
One of my favorite and most flavorful way to cook salmon – is on a cedar plank.
Quickly stir up Gremolata topping: Lemon Zest & Juice, Olive Oil, Pistachios, Tarragon, Lavender and Garlic.
An elegant way to prepare fish – try my foolproof recipe to cook this classic dish. Paul Bocuse, the father of French gastronomy inspired the dish… I have added a wonderful Brown Butter-Garlic Drizzle with Parsley Oil. (Can use vegan butter.)
I chose Black Sea Bass Fillets – try any firm fish fillet.
You have got to make this!
A healthy and light Passover Side Dish (not heavy!) – a flavorful addition to your Seder table.
A light, colorful and healthy side dish for year-round too! – Vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free.
If the weather’s good – make this one outdoors! The ultimate grilled potato side dish. Perfectly seasoned with caramelized shallots and garlic… and kale that comes out crispy! Can also cook in the oven.
I serve this side-dish year round! For passover – can swirl with your favorite olive oil.
Delicious and creamy – chock full of nutrients Simple to prepare, just 3 main ingredients! – plus salt & pepper and parsley.
Beautiful flavors and colors ~ the radishes take on a magenta hue when cooked.
Sauté Haricot Verts in a hot skillet to blacken the edges. Add Sliced Radishes and a quick stir in of Miso, Lemon Juice and Pure Maple Syrup. All tastes delicious with Pan-Fried Shallot Rings on top!
Carrots caramelize with the figs with a delectable just-sweet-enough glaze… all roasted in one pan.
A Vegan recipe.
Easy roasted asparagus is done in just 10 minutes.
Roasting heightens the vegetable’s flavor – and the toppings add a nice crunch and some nutty & zesty flavor!
How about a Salad?
I’m happy when a Creative salad is served on the Passover Buffet!
Crispy, Crunchy & Sweet ~ a brilliant, colorful, healthy salad… make place at your Thanksgiving table for this treat! Make the dressing ahead and adorn with my Nut and Seed Crunch (see recipe.)
The perfect Latke recipe, crispy on the outside, tender inside. Serve with my homemade pink applesauce.
Easily adaptable for Passover ~ use Matzo Cake Meal in place of flour.
A luxury at Passover – gravlax can be made days ahead and sliced when you need it. Who can resist this?
Gravlax is quite simple to prepare – brined with Vodka, Citrus Juices, Grated Beets, Dill, Sugar, Salt and Pepper. Weighted down, the gravlax is ready in two days – slice when ready to enjoy.
Perfect served with matzo as an appetizer! Snack on the entire week!
Caramelized Roasted Eggplant teams up with Peppers, Cucumbers, Olives, Parsley, Mint, Toasted Almonds, Crispy Shallot Rings and a Zesty Meyer Lemon-Ginger Dressing – A Healthy Mediterranean Twist!
Snack on This:
Prepare yourself for the crispiest, crunchiest, most delectable granola you’ve ever had.
Kosher for Passover and gluten-free, too!
A Decadent Bittersweet Chocolate Indulgence with an Airy Easy Whipped Coconut Cream Topping with Crushed Raspberries.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Parve – a showstopper cake.
Decadent but not overly sweet flourless chocolate cake ~ creamy luscious texture you’ll crave!
Bakery-style bars from my kitchen to yours – the base of the bars is a short crust made with matzo cake meal, it’s a fine grind.
Who can resist tangy, zesty lemon bars? These are that good… especially at Passover – they taste just like the real deal. Adding sweet and colorful pistachio nuts adds a little interest and sophistication. Top with my Candied Lemon Rind for a final touch.
My favorite Macaroon with a crispy exterior with a chewy and tender interior.
A beloved dessert at Passover ~ also for anytime… A fabulous year-round Gluten Free Cookie. The honey gives them a little more golden color while baking.
There’s something nice about ending a big meal with a dessert infused with mint!
This Vegan Ice Cream is Creamy, Delicious and Refreshing!! A natural “Ice Cream” that’s irresistible!
These delectable, creamy truffles are truly all-natural with Fresh Mint from my garden.
Coconut Milk swaps in for heavy cream for a lighter, vegan treat. Cacao nibs adds a little crunch.
Happy Passover to all!
Let me know what you think… what will you make?
Karen's Mosaic Carrot Kugel with Dill
- 3 1/2 pounds heirloom multi-colored carrots about 12 large; orange, white, yellow & red
- 2 teaspoons neutral oil
- 1 cup sweet onion (such as Vadalia) peeled: small dice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (can cut down ids you like)
- 8 large eggs I use pastured raised (4 you will separate)
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon sugar (can omit, but I like)
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 9" x 13" baking pan. Grease liberally with oil.
- Peel and cut carrots into a 1/2 inch dice - try to make uniform sizes. Steam carrots over simmering water in a steamer basket for 5 minutes. Carrots will be only very partially cooked. Remove from steamer and cool.
- In a 8 inch skillet, add 2 teaspoons oil, set heat to low. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring until softened, 5 minutes: do not brown.
- In large bowl add FOUR eggs, the onion mixture, potato starch, sugar, 2 tablespoons oil, sea salt and dill. Mix with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Separate the next 4 eggs one by one. Add yolk into the large bowl - the whites in the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk in egg yolks into the large bowl of ingredients. Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add the cooled partially steamed carrots to the large bowl. Stir all together with a rubber spatula. Add the egg whites in 2 additions. Use under-over strokes and blend gently until the whites have just been incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake in the oven 20 minutes. Cover now with foil (will be lightly browned.) Cook another 10 minutes until set and cooked through. Cracked the door open 6" and leave to cool 30 minutes. Tale out of oven and cool completely.
- Cut into 15 squares. Can easily be reheated - 325 degrees covered until just warmed through. Can also be frozen, cut. Defrost in the refrigerator, then continue as above.