Dip these irresistible crunchy beans into my Roasted Garlic Remoulade Dip with Bread & Butter Pickles
- 1 ¼ pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed, washed and dried well (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil*
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt-free cajun seasoning, as spicy as you like
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal, preferably organic (non gmo)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- recipe Roasted Garlic Remoulade Dip with Bread & Butter Pickles
Place well dried beans in a large bowl. Add the oil, cajun seasonings, corn meal and salt, and mix well until all are the beans are coated.
Heat a cast iron over high heat. Turn on exhaust fan.
When the pan is very hot and smoking, add half the beans in a single layer. Do not stir, let sizzle and start to blacken.
When smoking and started to blacken (check one) stir until blackened mostly all over, but still crisp- tender.
Remove to a large plate. Carefully wipe out any seasoning in the pan, and repeat with the rest of the beans.
Serve immediately with Remoulade Sauce for dipping.
* with concerns about gmo’s and processing of oils, use a vegetable oil which has not been chemically treated, this is called “expeller pressed.”
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.