Thanksgiving Overview: What to Cook Right Now & NEW Sautéed Spinach with Pine Nuts & Lemon
The Countdown to Thanksgiving is Upon Us – Create the most memorable meal with my creative, original & well tested recipes!
See all: Appetizers, Salads, Side-Dishes, Turkey with the BEST Gravy and Desserts.
The perfect Easy Sauté for a Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dish.
Great to master for weeknight meals too.
Large leaf spinach pairs with golden sliced garlic, lemon rind and toasted pine nuts. A crowd pleaser!
This Lemon Zester does this trick well! The one I use. Removes the yellow skin easily into thin strips.
I think it’s wonderful to serve a SALAD at your Thanksgiving Buffet or Table!
I’m all for adding some crunch with health-value… salads add a burst of color and can be so creative to make.
A light Fall Salad with crunchy textures dressed with a Zesty-Lemony Vinaigrette with Confit Garlic. Includes: Caramelized Pears, three Greens, julienned Purple Carrots, Pecan Halves, Pomegranate Seeds and an awesome Zesty Garlic Confit Vinaigrette. I’m serving this on at Thanksgiving!
Say YES to this one for the color alone! This Radicchio Salad has a nice sweet & bitter elements. Add Frisée lettuce, Watermelon Radish, Shaved Heirloom Carrots, Crispy Croutons with Grainy Mustard and Garlic and Karen’s Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette with Shallots and Garlic. A flavor sensation!
A beautiful, crispy and crunchy salad with Winter-White Vegetables. Chioggia Beets add a touch of crimson color, as does the rind of the Pears and Black Radish.
See: Thanksgiving 2022 MAINS & SIDE-DISHES “MY FAVORITE RECIPES” – plus NEW: Delicata Squash Bake with Parmesan Breadcrumbs
AND: Thanksgiving Appetizers, Soups & Desserts – I’ve Got You Covered!
Roast Turkey & Gravy:
How to cook the perfect turkey, stuffing and gravy. I have developed this recipe after years in the kitchen. You will use this recipe over and over again!
SOME HINTS: I have developed this recipe after years in the kitchen. Basting the bird with pomegranate and pineapple juice will produce a finished turkey with a glowing, yet subtle mahogany color. And, the acid in the juice cuts down on the gamey essence of the turkey.
Just the most magnificent gravy – with a deep, rich mahogany- brown color, and luscious flavor.
HOW TO MAKE IT DEEP, DARK & DELICIOUS! (I think this is the most important element of the meal!)
OVERVIEW – Basic Marsala Turkey Gravy (this is what you will do):
- Add vegetables to the bottom of turkey in pan.
- Roast until vegetables are very dark golden, about 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Add broth and herbs – return to the oven.
- When turkey is done, strain the broth from the bottom of the pan, pressing on the solids.
- In a 2 quart, non reactive pot add butter, then flour when it has melted.
- Stir with a whisk 1 – 2 minutes, then add 3 cups of the strained broth and marsala wine.
- Bring to a boil, whisking, then turn down to a simmer and reduce until nicely thickened.
Sides To Wow:
See: Three Sweet Potato Side Dish Recipes for Thanksgiving!
A must for Thanksgiving! A wonderful thick glaze surrounds rounds of yams with a cinnamon essence. A healthier lightened- up recipe! A beautifully sticky glaze that’s not too sweet. The trick: reduce Fresh Apple Cider!
The perfect side dish for Thanksgiving and the Holidays! Full of color & flavor – can be made early in the day. Vegan. Sauté Haricot Verts in a hot skillet to blacken the edges. Add Garlic Chips, Shiitake “Bacon”, Toasted Almonds, Pomegranate Seeds and Za’atar Seasoning.
Desserts: A must… perfect pecan bars!
The Ultimate Pick-Up Bar ~ Perfect for the Holidays! I make these every Thanksgiving.
A press-in shortbread crust with a pour-on-top filling enriched with a crunchy pecan topping. Delish!
The Secret Ingredient: Lyle’s Golden Syrup from England.
See all the RECIPES: Thanksgiving Appetizers, Soups & Desserts – I’ve Got You Covered!
See all the RECIPES: Thanksgiving 2022 MAINS & SIDE-DISHES “MY FAVORITE RECIPES”
Hoping your Thanksgiving Cooking & Baking is rewarding and delicious!
Questions… contact me.
Sautéed Spinach with Lemon, Garlic & Pine Nuts
- 1 3/4 pounds fresh spinach preferably large leaf
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium cloves fresh garlic about 3 T. sliced (can use 5 cloves)
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons lemon rind strands* from one medium lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon hot chili flakes or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Remove large stems of spinach; wash and dry.
- Add pine nuts to a small skillet let over low heat and cook, shaking pan until lightly golden, about 3 minutes - add to a small bowl, reserve.
- Peel and slice garlic thinly, but not paper thin. Heat a large 12" - 14" skillet with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, set to low heat. Add the garlic, stir to a single layer. Cook until lightly golden. Stir up and cook until all is lightly golden. Remove to a small bowl, reserve.
- To the same pan add 1 teaspoons olive oil, raise heat to medium-high. Add 1/3 of the spinach to the pan with the lemon rind and hot pepper flakes.Sauté until the spinach is mostly limp, add 1 more teaspoon olive oil, add the next third of spinach, stir in and sauté until this batch is limp. Add 1 last teaspoon olive oil, add last third of spinach, stir in and sauté uncovered until all the spinach is just cooked - do not overcook. Stir in salt to your taste.
Serving the Dish:
- Place spinach in a large bowl, add garlic and pine nuts and serve.HINT: If making ahead spinach ahead of time, gently reheat spinach until warm. Add garlic and pine nuts and stir until warmed through.
To say hello, discuss a recipe, share one, or have a comment - I would love to know what you think!