This Radicchio Salad has a nice sweet & bitter elements. Add Frisée lettuce, Watermelon Radish, Shaved Heirloom Carrots, Crispy Croutons with Grainy Mustard and Garlic and Karen’s Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette with Shallots and Garlic. A flavor sensation!
- 1 medium head radicchio
- 1 medium endive (green or purple)
- 1 1/2 cups frisée lettuce (or greens of your choice)
- 1 small watermelon radish
- 2 medium fresh carrots; one orange one yellow
- 1 recipe: Crispy Croutons with Mustard and Garlic (see recipe)
- 1 recipe: Karen’s Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette (see recipe)
Make Croutons and Vinaigrette.
Clean and dry then core the radicchio with a paring knife – this will release the leaves in whole.
Separate endive leaves; cut off the end and separate.
Wash and dry frisée lettuce.
Peel watermelon radish and sliced every thinly with a good vegetable peeler or mandoline.
Peel carrots – shave thinly with a vegetable peeler.
In a large bowl or individual plates: Add all vegetable ingredients – tearing radicchio and frisée into large bite sized pieces.
Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with croutons – can crush some croutons with your fingertips.
See BLOG for many more photos and information.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer