A zesty dressing, not too sweet, with a kick of garlic and chipotle
- 2 teaspoons strawberry jam, (see recipe)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar, or sherry vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled (1 1/2 t. chopped)
- ⅛ teaspoon chipotle powder, (can use red pepper flakes)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ cup neutral oil, such as safflower oil, expeller pressed
Place first six ingredients in the carafe of a blender.
Blend on high speed until smooth, about one minute.
Place oil in a measuring cup, lower blender speed to medium, slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
Store dressing in a clean glass jar in the refrigerator.
This recipe can not be reproduced without the permission of its author, Karen Sheer
Makes: 3/4 cup (8 – 10 servings)