- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried, torn
- 1 cup frisee lettuce, washed and dried, torn
- ⅓ cup fresh strawberries, cleaned, dried, hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup watermelon radish, cleaned, sliced thinly (or breakfast radishes)
- ¼ cup microgreens
- 4 slices french baugette, 1/3″ slices
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ fresh garlic clove, peeled
- 3 ounces goat cheese, portioned into 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoons strawberry jam, (see recipe)
- 1 recipe Strawberry Vinaigrette
For individual salads:
Place 4 large salad bowls on your work surface. Portion spinach and frisee lettuce in each bowl.
Add sliced strawberries, watermelon radishes, and microgreens.
Set broiler to high. Place the 4 baguette slices in a tray, brush bread with olive oil.
Broil 6 inches from the heat source until crisp and golden, about 30 seconds.
Immediately rub the warm toast with the raw garlic all over.
Roll each goat cheese portion to fit onto of each baguette slice, top each.
Place the cheese topped baguette in the oven, on the bottom rack, until warmed through, 1 -2 minutes.
Remove from the oven, add 1/2 t. strawberry jam on top of goat cheese and swirl in.
Add Strawberry Vinaigrette to each salad, top with the cheese toast and serve.
Crispy bacon ( I use turkey bacon)
Toasted nuts – pine nuts, almonds or pecans.
Grilled protein (herbed chicken or shrimp)
This recipe can not be reproduced without the permission of its author, Karen Sheer