Strawberry Frozen Yogurt “Ice Cream” Sandwiches with Double Chocolate Fudge Cookie Thins – Gluten Free
THE Perfect treat for Valentine’s Day!
I’m pairing my Strawberry Frozen Yogurt with Mini Easy Double Chocolate Cookies for the perfect sized treat!
Who wouldn’t love a HOMEMADE ICE CREAM SANDWICH??
- Karen’s Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Mini Double Chocolate Fudge Cookie Thins – Gluten Free (to eat and for ice cream sandwiches)
- Strawberry Yogurt “Ice Cream” Sandwiches (with the chocolate cookies)
Cookies are gluten free – and the recipe really works with the minimal amount of gluten free flour blend.
Using melted dark chocolate, dark cocoa powder & dark chocolate chips.
Add some Freeze Dried Strawberries for an extra punch of flavor and color.
Use a #30 ice cream (cookie) scoop for the sandwiches: 1 3/4″ diameter; 2.3 tablespoons.
Can use fresh or frozen Strawberries… see recipe!
Bakes like a cookie – tastes like a brownie! Love eating them off the pan, or sandwich with frozen yogurt or ice cream. Gluten Free. Can use regular flour too!
Recipe is quite simple to make – scoop, bake & enjoy.
I use a #60 Cookie Scoop for the cookies – 1 13/32 inches wide; 1 tablespoon + 1/3 teaspoon of dough.
A perfect portion – 2 inch sandwiches – eat one or more…
A note about why to make HOMEMADE:
The final cookie sandwich does not need to be perfectly shaped… honestly, these are homemade and not factory assembled!
The beauty of making them at home is the quality of ingredients you use – without preservatives to maintain the frozen texture,
and homemade do not have chemical flavorings… choose the highest quality ingredients.
Popular Frozen Yogurt Shop Ingredients:
Nonfat Yogurt (Skim Milk, Natural Flavor, Guar Gum, Live & Active Cultures, Water, Pure Cane Sugar, and less than 1% Sodium Citrate and Potassium Citrate [natural buffering agents]). Fruit flavor (Pure cane sugar, water, natural fruit flavor, citric acid).
Ingredients I never use or eat: Natural flavors (chemicals!) & Citric Acid… whipped up in a lab, (it’s not citrus.)
Enjoy these incredibly delicious hand held mini ice cream sandwiches.
Happy Valentines Day to you!
Let me know what you think!
I have many “cookie scoops” – If you love to bake, they are essential!
The scoop I use for the The scoop I use for the
frozen yogurt chocolate cookies
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt "Ice Cream" Sandwiches with Double Chocolate Fudge Cookie Thins - Gluten Free
- 1 recipe Mini Double Chocolate Fudge Cookie Thins - Gluten Free (see recipe)
- 1 recipe Karen's Strawberry Frozen Yogurt will use about 1 1/2 pint frozen yogurt
- Bake Cookies, see recipe.Make Strawberry Frozen Yogurt, see recipe.
- Slightly soften the frozen yogurt. Sandwich between 2 chocolate cookies, gently press. Freeze in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers. Enjoy!!