Mini Double Chocolate Fudge Cookie Thins – Gluten Free (to eat and for ice cream sandwiches)
Bakes like a cookie – tastes like a brownie! Love eating them off the pan, or sandwich with frozen yogurt or ice cream. Gluten Free. Can use regular flour too!
Crispy edges and slightly chewy this EASY cookies are praised for their deep chocolate flavor, studded with dark chocolate chips.
How to Make:
- Melt butter and good quality dark chocolate until melted and smooth, cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula – dough is done – THAT WAS EASY!
- Scoop, bake 9 – 10 minutes – enjoy!
I use # 60 size cookie scoop, 1 13/32 inches wide; 1 tablespoon + 1/3 teaspoon of dough.
Delicious 2″ sandwich cookies!
For the Ultimate Ice Cream Sandwich… with Karen’s Strawberry Frozen Yogurt:
Scoop slightly softened frozen yogurt onto a chocolate cookie – add a cookie on top and gently press.
Freeze immediately, layered with waxed paper.
To enjoy – let stand at room temperature for a few minutes – then devour!!
Enjoy this special recipe!
Let me know what you think! Comment below…
Just the best cookie sheet, heats perfectly, will The little spatula I use every day..
last decades! For cookies & beyond!
The perfect small cookie scoop
Mini Double Chocolate Fudge Cookie Thins (to eat and for ice cream sandwiches)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate I use Guittard extra dark chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter organic; 1 stick
- 2 large eggs I use pasture raised
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 6 tablespoon gluten free flour blend* or regular flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder I use Ghirardelli
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips I use Guittard extra dark chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Add silpat or parchment paper to a cookie sheet, lightly grease with butter.
- Place 6 ounces chocolate and one stick butter (cut into tablespoons) in a small pot. Place over low heat and stir until mixture is smooth, remove from heat, let cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and both sugars. Blend with a wire whisk until smooth. Add cooled chocolate mixture - gently whisk until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients, flour through chocolate chips - and mix well with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop dough onto the cookie sheet (I use a cookie scoop # 60 size* ) - space them 1 1/2 inches apart; 15 cookies. Bake until firm 9 - 10 minutes.
- Let stand on the cookie sheet 3 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Store in an airtight container, separated by waxed paper. Cookies freeze well too!
#60, 1 3/8" diameter, scoops 1 tablespoon + 1/3 teaspoon of dough This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.