Karen’s Parmesan Crisps – Master Recipe with Flavoring Suggestions
These are so easy, crunchy & delicious! The crisps are made with grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese and your choice of seasonings (I have many suggestions!)
Easy Parmesan Crisps can be made into these clever Caesar Salad Tacos.
Did you know one tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese has a mere 20 calories? That’s one crisp!
Crush these crisps on top of salads, side dishes like risotto – anywhere you crave a rich Umami flavor-boost.
It’s fun to bend them into shapes while warm – like these fun taco shells.
Parmesan Crisp Caesar salad Tacos; Ready for a Umami-rich treat? A creative genius recipe that is so delicious and low in carbs!
Enjoy the cheesy crunch!
Karen's Parmesan Crisps - Master Recipe with Flavoring Suggestions
These are so easy, crunchy, light & delicious! Simple and bakes in five minutes with 7 flavors to choose from. Parmesan Crisps can be made into these clever Caesar Salad Tacos.
Servings: 12 crispsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
- 12 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- seasonings-flavorings (see suggestions)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet or baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner.
- Grate the cheese – I coarsely grate in small strokes.Add 3″ circles of grated cheese onto the pan – 2″ apart. Spread gently giving the cheese strands a little space – see photo #2.
- Bake for 5 minutes until the crisps are golden in color and firm. Do not over bake as they turn bitter.Cool them on the sheet. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Add any Seasonings-Flavorings:
- Add a few pinches of seasonings to each grated parmesan circle. If seasonings are spicy – go easy! The flavors will bake right in. Fresh Rosemary-PepperSzechuan Chili FlakesMustard Seed-ParsleyFresh ThymeFinely-Cut BasilParsley-Chipotle
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.
Categories:Comfort FoodCondiments for FlavorCreative SaladsEssential Spice BlendsFast & HealthyFirst Course & SidesGlobal CookingGluten FreeKaren’s FavoritesRecipes to Impress / EntertainingSimpleSnack on ThisTo StartWeeknight CookingKaren Sheer