Caesar Salad Tacos – In a Parmesan Crisp Shell
Ready for a Umami-rich treat? A creative genius recipe that is so delicious and low in carbs!
All your favorite Caesar Salad Ingredients – I love to add roasted red peppers too. Gluten Free – no problem! I have used gluten free bread for the garlic croutons.
Cute I know! But – incredibly scrumptious, you’ll love these four bite tacos.
Easy Parmesan Crisps can be made into these clever Caesar Salad Tacos.
The crisps are made with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and your choice of seasonings (I have many suggestions!)
It’s simple to make these “taco shells” ~ when out one the oven and warm, remove them with a small spatula and drape over a long narrow bottle – mold into shape, they will crisp in a few moments.
To fill the Parmesan Crisp Shells:
I have added Shredded Romaine Lettuce, Shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, Roasted Red Peppers, Garlic Bread Crumbs and my Quick Caesar Dressing.
Eat these immediately after filling!
Taco Shells can be made and folded earlier in the day and kept crisp in a container.
What is wonderful about these crisps is the simplicity! Grate the cheese, create 3″ circles on a parchment or silpat lined sheet pan and bake 5 minutes!
Parmesan Crisps: It is one of those recipes that has a super-impressive presentation and is so simple!
And – they are low in carbs! No carbs if you ditch the garlic croutons (but I love them!)
I made mine gluten free with gluten free bread for the croutons.
Enjoy these amazing few bite tacos!
Caesar Salad Tacos - In a Parmesan Crisp Shell
- 8 tablespoons parmesan crisp taco shells (see recipe)
- 4 tablespoons Karen's Quick Caesar salad Dressing
- 1 1/4 cups romaine lettuce shredded; choose crispy white & light greens
- 3 tablespoons roasted red peppers cut into fine strips
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese thinly shaved
- 2 tablespoons garlic croutons crushed (see note)
- Make the Parmesan Crisp Taco Shells (recipe below)
- Stand the 8 taco shells upright in a bowl or rimmed tray to fit.Start filling them – first romaine lettuce divided in each. Add roasted peppers, shaved parmesan and crumble some garlic croutons on top.
- Drizzle 1 1/2 teaspoons of Caesar Dressing all over each.Devour and enjoy!Caesar Salad Parmesan Crisp Tacos should be eaten immediately after prepared. The filling ingredients will make the shells soggy if made earlier.
How to make Garlic Croutons:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove crusts from 2 pieces of sliced bread; can use gluten free. Dice the bread into 1/2″ cubes. Add them to a small baking tray to fit. Drizzle over with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil; add 1/2 teaspoon of finely grated garlic and a pinch of sea salt. Rub oil & garlic into the cubes and bake until golden and crispy, 10 – 15 minutes.
To make Parmesan Crisp Taco Shells:
- Follow the Master Recipe. Use 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese instead of 1 1/2 tablespoons for a larger crisp.Smooth the parmesan circle into a 4 inch round. When golden remove from the oven – immediately take them off the pan with a metal spatula and drape them over a narrow bottle to make a taco shape. Bend lightly with you fingers to make the perfect taco shape. These will crisp quickly. Add the crisps back to a warm oven for a few seconds to soften them if they harden into circles too quickly.