Karen’s Zesty Coconut Thai Dressing
A light and zesty dressing with a secret ingredient… Coconut Cream.
Replaces some oil in the recipe for a creamy finish.
Tangy Lime Juice with Garlic, Ginger, Fresh Basil & Mint and Coconut Cream are the key flavors. Add a few pinches of Thai Chiles for a little heat.
Not your boring salad dressing with great zippy flavor and color! The dressing will thicken as it cools.
Zesty Coconut Thai Dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons raw honey can use pure cane sugar if vegan
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Thai green chilis* or serrano
- 1/4 cup neutral oil such as safflower oil, expeller pressed
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream the thick part from the can
- Add the first 9 ingredients - lime juice through chilis to a small food processsor (I use a 4 cup one) or blender. Pulse to break up, then blend from low to high until light green in color and smooth.
- Add the oil in a slow stream on medium speed. Add coconut cream and blend until emulsified.
- Chill the dressing one hour before using - the dressing will thicken as it cools.Store in a clean glass container in the refrigerator and use within 3 weeks. (Stir up at room temperature.)
Start with a small amount - add more if you like; Serranos are less spicy, jalapeños the least spicy. See recipe: Watermelon & Coconut Salad with Thai Dressing. This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.