Karen’s Summer Greek Salad with Peaches & Fennel
I’ve added Fresh Summer Peaches and Fennel (found at a farmers’ market) to classic ingredients of the Greek Salad. Adds interesting flavors and natural sweetness.
I use crispy Romaine Lettuce, Local Red Leaf Lettuce, Heirloom Tomatoes, Purple Peppers, Red Onions, Colorful Radishes, Cucumbers, Kalamata Olives, Sheep Milk Feta, Dill and Parsley. The Salad is Topped with my tangy “Shaken” Vinaigrette.
Enjoy the fresh flavors!
Karen's Summer Greek Salad with Peaches & Fennel
All the Greek Salad Fixings with some surprises! I'm loving the addition of Summer Peaches & Sliced Fennel. Updated using Summer-Fresh Produce and Sheep's Milk Feta Cheese. Top with my "Shaken" Italian Dressing.
Servings: 4 servingsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
- 2 cups fresh lettuce Romaine & Red Boston Lettuce*
- 1/2 cup fresh cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup heirloom tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup colorful peppers thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup colorful radishes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 large ripe peach pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup fennel thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped, or small sprigs
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill small sprigs
- 1/3 cup vinaigrette dressing See: "Shaken" Italian Vinaigrette recipe
- These ingredients are up to your interpretation. Use more or less of the ingredients you desire. In Summer - I shop at local farmers' markets for the best quality fruits & veggies.
- With lettuce on the bottom, layer ingredients on a large serving platter, or to individual plates of bowls. Scatter the parsley and dill on top - drizzle with the "Shaken" Vinaigrette and serve.
*Use any farm-fresh crispy lettuce you like! See: "Shaken" Italian Dressing recipe. This recipe can not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.