- ½ cup mayonnaise, I use ‘Just Mayo’*
- 2 tablespoons organic ketchup, no high fructose corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh horseradish root, peeled, finely grated (can use prepared white horseradish)
- 1 tablespoon scallions, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground arbol chile, or your favorite ground chili, such as cayenne
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard with seeds
- 1 pinch pure cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons asian purple radish, very small dice (for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- sea salt to taste
Whisk the first 9 ingredients together; mayonnaise through sugar. Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Serve with Modern Shrimp Louis Salad (see recipe.)
*This recipe is Vegan if using a vegan mayonnaise.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.
Makes: About 3/4 cup, double if desired.