Karen’s Raspberry Glaze For Cakes – Vegan
Crush Freeze Dried Raspberries and fold in to the coconut oil based delicious Glaze! What a pop of color – raspberries add a punch of flavor, perfect for glazing any cake.
This glaze makes just over 1/2 cup – I frosted 6, 5″ small cakes. Easily doubled.
Enjoy… It’s yummy!
Karen's Raspberry Glaze For Cakes - Vegan
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil softened, room temperature; organic
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegan milk
- 2 drops pure almond extract
- 2 tablespoons freeze dried raspberries crushed (see method)
- Add the soft coconut oil to a 2 cup bowl. Sift confectionary sugar over and stir with a wire whisk until very smooth. Add milk and almond extract, beat smooth.
- Crush the freeze dried raspberries fine: tear a 1 foot piece of waxed paper. Lay on your work surface, add raspberries and fold over to enclose. Run a rolling pin over back and forth until the raspberries are crushed fine.Add this to the bowl and mix in well until you have a pretty pink color. Use immediately.(Add a dropful of milk if too thick; confectionary sugar if seems thin.)
Raspberry Glaze was tested to be used with my Updated Honey Cake -
see the Recipe: Karen's Raspberry Glazed Honey Cake. This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.