A Zesty and Mildly-Spicy Seasoning Blend. Perfect for everyday cooking – adds a Caribbean flair!
A mildly spicy seasoning with a little kick. Blending yourself insures freshness – and very low sodium.
Try with my recipe: Spiced Caribbean Chicken Meatballs in Coconut Milk Gravy
- 1 ½ teaspoons allspice berries
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried garlic
- 2 medium dried mild red chiles, Japones, seeded
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons curry powder*
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Add all ingredients to a spice grinder (can use a clean coffee grinder.)
Pulse until all blended with a little texture.
Add to a clean glass container and store in a dark, cool place.
* Curry used powder contains: turmeric, chili, coriander, garlic, cumin, cinnamon and bay leaves.
Indian and Caribbean grocers sell fresh blends.
This is a mildly spicy seasoning with a little kick.
Spiciness will depend on the heat and freshness of your chiles.
This is a low salt blend – I like to add more salt as needed in a recipe.
Use as an all-purpose seasoning on meats, poultry, vegetables and vegan proteins.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.
Makes a heaping 1/3 cup.