A lovely melange of seasonal vegetables with cherry tomatoes, and three types of peppers
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, try multi colored ones – divided in half
- 1 1/2 cups mini peppers, seeded* cut into 1/3″ rings
- 1 large scallion, I used a summer red scallion
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh hot chile peppers, minced, or more if you like spicy
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 teaspoon tamari sauce, can use soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
In a large skillet or non- reactive wok, add the oil – raise heat to medium-high. Add HALF of the cherry tomatoes. Sauté for three minutes until lightly charred.
Add peppers, stir well for 1 minute.
Add remaining 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil, turn down heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes until cooked through.
Add the remaining half of the tomatoes – cover and simmer in the sauté for 2 minutes until just warmed through.
Taste for salt.
Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs, and scallions.
* Cut off tops of mini peppers, with a small knife scrape and discard seeds, cut into rings.
Serve Suggestion: Goes well with Karen’s Amazing Jerk Chicken
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.