A Restaurant Quality Salad! A creative mix of Butter Lettuce, Roasted Green Beans, Aged Italian Cheese, Pistachios, Figs and Watermelon Radish with a Pickled Radish & Apple Dressing. Simply Delicious.
- 1 medium head butter lettuce, organic, cleaned and dried (about 4 cups)
- 1 ½ cups fresh green beans, trimmed (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, I like Maldon salt, larger crystals, slightly crushed
- ⅓ cups crumbly aged Italian cheese*, crumbled (such as “Pecorino Gigante”)
- 1 small watermelon radish, peeled, sliced very thinly
- 8 small dried figs, sliced
- 4 tablespoons shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 recipe Pickled Radish and Apple Vinaigrette, see recipe
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Lay a piece of parchment on a medium sized jellyroll pan. Add green beans, 1t. extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
Toss together. Roast in the hot oven for 5 minutes, until the green beans have started to brown on the edges, but are still somewhat bright in color. Set aside to cool.
To serve the salad:
Set out 4 plates. Decoratively lay out each portion of lettuce leaves.
Place the radish slices on top, and underneath the lettuce.
Top evenly with the roasted green beans, figs, cheese and pistachios.
Spoon the Pickled Radish and Apple Vinaigrette over each and enjoy.
*Try a new Italian Cheese from Tuscany – “Pecorino Gigante” (at fine cheese shops and Eataly)
Servings: 4 (easily doubled)