A healthy, vibrant green dressing with zest!
- 1 ½ cups fresh parsley leaves, washed and dried (thins stems ok)
- ½ cup scallion, cleaned, 1″ lengths
- 2 medium fresh garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon hot chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 low fat greek style yogurt
Place the first 7 ingredients in the carafe of a blender. Add half of the extra virgin olive oil – 2 T.
Start on very low speed to blend, and slowly move to medium speed until the dressing is slightly pureed.
Add the 6 T. yogurt, and blend until almost smooth. With the motor running, drizzle in the remaining 2 T. of
Refrigerate the dressing in an airtight glass container for up to two weeks.
This is a thick dressing. If you would like to thin bit, add a T. of water or oil.
Serve with my: Salad Wedge with Chimichurri Dressing, Feta, Radishes and Pepitas (see recipe.)
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.