A super-refreshing sorbet, pair if you like with my Super Crunch Salad
- 2 cups freshly squeezed carrot juice, organic
- ½ cups cane sugar, organic
- ¾ cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup, (I like it much better than corn syrup)
- ½ teaspoon agar agar flakes
- 2 1″ wide orange rind strips, (no white pith)
- 1 pinch sea salt
Make a simple syrup: Heat the sugar and water in a 2 quart pot. Bring to a boil – whisking.
When dissolved, lower the heat. Add the brown rice syrup, agar agar flakes, orange rind strips and sea salt.
Whisk over low heat for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat, and cool.
Place in a clean container and refrigerate, well covered until cold.
Add the sorbet mixture in an ice cream maker and process until firm.
Place sorbet in a tightly sealed container in the freezer.
Serve alone, or with: Super Crunch Salad
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of it’s author, Karen Sheer.
Makes 3 cups, 1 1/2 pints