Healthful, good-for-you ingredients with amazing flavors. Say “YES” to more plant-based foods in your regime.
This nutritious and delicious salad includes: organic red curly kale, heirloom cherry tomatoes, chick peas, breakfast radishes, cooked quinoa, roasted butternut squash, natural sliced toasted almonds, sun gold (yellow)kiwi and microgreens
- 4 cups Organic Red Curly Kale, washed, dried and torn 2″ pieces
- ½ cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, multi-colored, cut in half
- ½ cup chick peas, cooked and drained
- ½ cup breakfast radishes, multi-colored, sliced thinly
- ½ cup cooked quinoa, tri-colored
- ½ cup roasted butternut squash, cut into thin half moons
- ¼ cup natural sliced almonds, toasted in oven until lightly golden
- ½ cup Sungold Kiwi, peeled, cut into thin half moons
- ¼ cup microgreens, your favorite variety
- 1 recipe Lemony Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dressing**, (will have some leftover for another use)
Prepare ingredients from the list.*
Wash and dry the kale.
Strip the leaves from the hard stems, discard stems. Tear the kale into 2″ pieces, can also thinly slice.
Add to a large bowl to fit. Add a few tablespoons of Lemony Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dressing and massage into the greens.
Add the remaining ingredients – except almonds. Add a few more tablespoons of dressing, mix in.
Serve with toasted almonds on top (they will get soggy if added earlier.)
Sliced Avocado, dried fruits, fruits such as clementines, strawberries, pears and blueberries. Other lettuces and legumes.
*Cook quinoa, roast butternut squash, toast almonds and make Lemony Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dressing.
** Nice everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oils: Lucini and California Olive Ranch (grassy, fruity and herbal.)
See BLOG for many photos of this recipe, and more information.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.