- 1 recipe hemp pate brisee tart dough*
- 2 teaspoons organic coconut oil
- 16 ounces organic frozen spinach, chopped
- ½ cup fresh leeks, cleaned, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups feta cheese, large crumbles – room temperature, more to use as topping
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, cleaned, dried, rough chop
- ¼ cup fresh spinach leaves, cleaned and dried
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
Roll out tart dough into tart shell as directed in recipe and refrigerate. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Make filling: In a large skillet, warm the coconut oil over moderate heat. Add the frozen spinach and saute 3 minutes. Add the leeks and stir. Cover, turn down the heat and cook until the spinach has thawed, and is warmed through. Season with a generous amount of salt and pepper, remove from heat and cool.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the spinach mixture and feta cheese and combine well with a whisk or fork, breaking up the feta to make it creamy.
Add the dill and pour into the unbaked tart shell. Fold over the edges of dough facing inward.
Top with the fresh spinach leaves all over. Add some raw asparagus spears (4″ lengths) if desired.
Brush with a little melted butter. Scatter some extra feta on top if desired, for look and color.
Place the tart on a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes until slightly puffed, set and the crust is golden brown.
Cool, cut into large wedges and enjoy.
This recipe can not be reproduced, without the consent of it’s author, Karen Sheer
Servings: 1, 11″ large tart – 12 servings