A great little side dish, sweet & sour with a little kick. Heirloom Carrots make it special.
Great served with: Glazed Hoisin Salmon with Pine Nuts (see recipe)
- 4 medium-large heirloom carrots, I used one of each: orange, yellow, white and purple
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1/2 of a juicy lime)
- 2 teaspoons pure cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mild Thai red chile, finely chopped, or thinly sliced if you prefer
- 1 ½ teaspoons worcestershire sauce, I’ve used 365 Organic
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili flakes, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced, 1″ lengths
- Optional: add a few tablespoons of toasted cashew halves if you desire
Heat 1/2 of a juicy lime in the microwave in a medium sized glass bowl for 20 seconds.
Carefully (can be hot) squeeze the juice, and discard the lime – should have 3 tablespoons.
(This is the best way to get the most juice from citrus.)
Add the sugar, stir well to dissolve.
Add all remaining dressing ingredients, stir to combine.
Shave each with a wide vegetable peeler to create long shavings.
Will have 2 cups of packed carrots.
Add to bowl of dressing, toss and serve.
Add garnishes if desired: toasted cashew halves and sliced Asian chives.
Great with: Glazed Hoisin Salmon with Pine Nuts