The best coleslaw ever!! Raw summer market vegetables chopped with a light, creamy dressing (non dairy) ~ perfect addition to any BBQ menu.
- 1 large bulb purple kohlrabi, cleaned (will have 2 cups chopped)
- 1 ½ cups zucchini, cleaned, about 2 small
- 1 ½ cups carrots, multi-colored, about 2 small – gently peeled
- 1 cup beans, pole and waxed, cleaned, 1/4″ slice
- ½ cup fresh english peas, out of their shells
- 2 teaspoons spring garlic bulb, minced, or fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons garlic chives, 1/4 ” slices, can use scallions
- ¾ cups mayonnaise, try “Just Mayo” non GMO
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons pure cane sugar
Place the kohlrabi, zucchini and carrots into the bowl of a food processor (I use this one.)
Chop the vegetables, pulsing until they are roughly 1/4 “.
Add them to a large bowl.
Slice the pole beans and waxed beans into 1/4” lengths, add to bowl.
Add the shelled english peas, the garlic and garlic chives.
In a medium sized bowl whisk the Dressing ingredients until smooth: mayonnaise, vinegar, celery seeds and sugar.
Pour over the chopped vegetables, and combine well with a spatula.
Store the salad in a clean, tight sealing glass container. Will stay fresh for over a week.
Makes about 6 cups: 8 – 10 servings