- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses*
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 medium fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ¾ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup neutral oil*, such as safflower
- ¼ cup macadamia oil, expellar pressed (not chemically extracted)
Place the first 8 ingredients in a blender. Whirl to blend, one minute.
Measure the neutral oil and the macadamia nut oil in a pyrex measuring cup.
SLOWLY add in the oils a stream until emulsified.
Refrigerate in a sterile, glass container.
Will keep fresh a few weeks.
Serve with: Winter Salad with Grilled Radicchio and Pomegranate-Macadamia Vinaigrette
*Make a quick pomegranate molasses (if you do not have a bottle):
Add 1 cup pomegranate juice with 2T. cane sugar in a small pot, bring to a boil, stir to dissolve sugar. Reduce to a syrup over a low simmer, cool.
* with concerns about gmo’s and processing of oils, use a vegetable oil which has not been chemically treated, this is called “expeller pressed.”
This recipe can not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer
Makes: 1 cup, serves 12.