Easy to prepare ~ adds a blast of flavor with citrusy notes. Perfect for fish, vegetables, chicken and grains.
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, peeled and grated fine or minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, cleaned, dried and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lavender buds, or 1/8 t. dried lavender
- 2 pinches sea salt & freshly cracked pepper
Add all ingredients to a bowl to fit. Whisk well to incorporate flavors.
Let sit for 20 minutes at room temperature and serve. Taste for salt.
Refrigerate any extra in a airtight, glass container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Lavender has a strong but lovely perfumy flavor and can overwhelm, use the above amount, add more if you like.
Gremolata can enhance vegetables, chicken, fish and grains.
Serve with: Cedar Planked Salmon with Pistachio-Tarragon & Lavender Gremolata (see recipe.)
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.
Servings: 2. Double or triple if desired.