Simple little pickled dish I like to serve with Oriental Chicken Salad (recipe below).
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 pinch salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bunch fresh red radishes, cleaned, dried and sliced thinly, about 1 cup
In a small pot add the vinegar, sugar, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Reduce over LOW heat
for 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Add sliced radishes, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well. Cool.
Place in a clean container and refrigerate. Tastes better as it marinates a few hours. Will keep one week.
Slice radishes with a mandolin or by hand with a with a sharp knife.