Diced Watermelon Radishes and Granny Smith Apples are macerated in apple cider vinegar. Add seasonings and stream in extra virgin olive oil to complete.
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar, organic, such as “Braggs”
- 3 tablespoons watermelon radish, very small dice
- 3 tablespoons granny smith apple, very small dice , skin on
- 2 tablespoons red onion, peeled, very small dice
- 1 medium clove fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon sumac spice
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon natural sea salt, try “Maldon” sea salt flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
In a medium sized non reactive bowl, place the apple cider vinegar with the diced radishes and apples. Give a stir, and let stand to macerate for 30 minutes.
Add the next 7 ingredients (red onion through pepper.) Give a whisk. Measure the extra virgin olive oil in a liquid measuring cup. SLOWLY stream the oil into the bowl until emulsified.
Store in an glass, airtight container. Use within one week.
Tip: the watermelon radish will stain the vinaigrette a beautiful pink hue. Substitute white radish if desired.
Wonderful with: Fall Salad with Greens, Fruits and Nuts (see recipe)
Servings: About 8, makes a scant cup.