A luscious and velvety Guacamole! Lower in fat but high in flavor – add some roasted zucchini for the perfect blend!
- 2 medium zucchini, cleaned, each cut into 6 long strips
- 2 teaspoons neutral oil*
- 1 medium hass avacado, pitted, large chop
- 2 tablespoons parsley, cleaned, chopped (or cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons scallions, cleaned, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon lime zest, finely grated**
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup tomatoes, multi colored, cleaned and chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place zucchini on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add 2t. oil, rub in and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Roast in the oven 20 – 25 minutes or until just a touch golden. Remove and cool. Chop into 1 ” pieces. (Will have about 1 /14 cup of cooked zucchini.)
Add HALF of the avocado to the bowl of a food processor. Add the next 7 ingredients (parsley thorough olive oil)
and HALF of the roasted and cooled zucchini.
Pulse to combine all. Will be very velvety and creamy.
Add the remaining avocado and zucchini. Pulse just a few time until incorporated,
but very chunky. Remove to a decorative bowl and fold in the chopped tomatoes. Taste for seasonings, and serve.
* with concerns about gmo’s and processing of oils, use a vegetable oil which has not been chemically treated, this is called “expeller pressed”.
** grate the lime for it’s zest before you squeeze.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.