An indispensable recipe for those who savor a meatless entree with this contemporary, updated tart. Prepare an easy tart dough that is so flaky, you won’t believe it’s gluten-free. Hemp seeds add interest and extra protein.
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour mix , such as Glutino or Arrowhead Mills
- 1 stick organic unsalted butter, cold, cut into tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons organic coconut oil, not liquid
- ¼ teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon natural cane sugar
- 1 ½tablespoons hemp seeds, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, Braggs brand
Place first 5 ingredients in a food processor with 1 T. of the hemp seeds. Press pulse about 10 times to break up the butter.
Place the egg in a measuring cup with the vinegar, add cold water until the contents are 1/2 cup filled. Whisk with a fork, add 1 ice cube to cool.
After a minutes, remove the ice cube. Turn the processor on, add the liquid through the feed tube. Now continue to pulse until the dough forms a ball.
Place the dough on a large sheet of waxed paper, sprinkle with 1/2 T. reserved hemp seeds and roll about 1/4 ” thick, about 14″.
Refrigerate for 15 minutes until cool. Place the tart ring on a flat surface. Quickly invert the rolled dough onto the ring, centering it. Peel off and discard the
paper. Gently pat into place leaving a generous overhang of dough. Add cool filling, fold the crust inward and bake as directed for about 45 minutes.
No need to pre-bake.
Make one large tart using an 11″ fluted tart ring with removable bottom.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.
One 11″ large tart