Grilled Asparagus & Hearts of Palm Salad with Chimichurri
A creative and healthy stunning salad with my master Chimichurri sauce/condiment
I had fun putting this together! First, I found these amazing FAT asparagus from Mexico. I’ll have to wait a few more weeks until local asparagus are cut from the fields.
I thought Hearts of Palm are a similar size, so I paired the two – and grilled the asparagus for a nice roasted flavor.
To make – cut the asparagus and hearts of palm the same lengths – add to a platter in a
“quilted pattern” and spoon over some Chimichurri.
Grilled Asparagus & Hearts of Palm Salad with Chimmichurri
- 7 jumbo asparagus or a few more if not jumbo, trimmed and peeled
- 6 large hearts of palm spears cut in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons neutral oil such as expeller pressed safflower
- 3 pinches salt & freshly cracked pepper
- 4 tablespoons Chimichurri sauce see my recipe
- Make the Chimichurri.Add asparagus to a plate to hold - add one teaspoon of oil and the seasonings.Heat grill to meadium- high and grill the asparagus until nice grill marks form; turn over. Close grill and cook on the second side until just cooked through but tender-crisp.
- Add cooked asparagus to the plate, coolCut hearts of palm in half lenthwise - cut asparagus the same lengh.
- On a platter arrange in a "quilted pattern" (see photo) and top with a few tablespoons of Chimichurri. Best to add Chimichurri when asparagus is still a bit warm to grab the flavors.Enjoy!