A beautiful bright color and an herbal-zesty flavor, made in a blender ~ use as a dressing and dip
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ⅓ cup dill sprigs
- 1 medium scallion, about 2T. chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons greek style yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, (I use “Just Mayo”)
Wash and pat dry the three herbs.
Blanch the parsley: Place the parsley in a glass bowl, cover with water, microwave for 30 seconds until bright green.
Strain the water and run cold water over the parsley until cool, pat dry.
To the carafe of a blender add: blanched parsley and the next 8 ingredients, basil through buttermilk.
Blend from low speed to high until well blended and bright green in color. Add the yogurt and mayonnaise and blend until just incorporated.
Taste for salt. Store the dressing in a clean glass container.
For a thinner dressing, add a teaspoon of extra lemon juice and a few tablespoons of buttermilk.
Sprinkle a little chopped dill on top when serving, if desired.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer
Makes: 1 cup