Use your leftover Cranberry Sauce… you know you’ll have some!
Make a delicious Vinaigrette, perfect for your salad creations after Thanksgiving.
See recipe: Thanksgiving Leftover Chef Salad
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cranberry sauce*
- 2 medium cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ¾ cup canola oil**
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil, or your favorite nut oil
In a food processor or blender add the first 8 ingredients, pulse to combine. Add the canola oil through the feed tube slowly in a slow steady stream until emulsified. Add the one tablespoon of walnut oil, pulse in.
Store in a clean glass container in the refrigerator.
Will stay for at least 3 weeks.
* I used: Chunky Cranberry Sauce with Ginger and Fresh Pineapple (see recipe.)
** with concerns about gmo’s and processing of oils, use a vegetable oil which has not been chemically treated, this is called “expeller pressed”.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of it’s author, Karen Sheer.
Makes: Just over one cup