It’s soon Game-Day. The ultimate Easy Super Bowl Appetizer ~ Girls & Guys alike will devour!
- 12 1/3″ slices fresh baguette
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic oil*
- 12 small cherry tomatoes, mixed colors
- 2 strips bacon, or turkey bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 ounces brie cheese, I used Goat Milk Brie
- 1 large lettuce leaf, like romaine, use interior leaf
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, try “Just Mayo”
- ¼ teaspoon srirachi sauce or hot sauce
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the baguette slices on a tray to hold. Brush with garlic oil.
Toast in the hot oven until turning golden, but not hard, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven to top. Keep the oven on.
Slice the brie into 12 slices – 1/3″ thick, and the size of your toast slice, about 1″ wide x 1 1/2″ long.
Place them on the toast, and put in the oven to melt. Remove from the oven when sufficiently melted, about 2 minutes.
Can be held here until ready to serve, make sure it is warmed through before proceeding.
Mix mayonnaise with sriracha sauce or hot sauce. Top warm cheese with a dollop of flavored mayonnaise.
Add the bacon on top of cheese (it will stick). Slice the tomatoes thinly, add 3 slices to each crostini, and finish with a few strands of crisp lettuce. Add a touch of watercress if you like as well.
* Garlic Oil: Add 2 T. of extra virgin olive oil in a small skillet with 2 sliced cloves of garlic. Heat over moderate heat until the garlic has just turned golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Garlic will flavor the oil as it cools.
Make a larger batch for other recipes, keep in a clean glass container, lasts for about 5 days.
The recipe can be easily doubled, or tripled.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer