A wonderful dip – made with coconut mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons coconut mayonnaise*, can use 2 T. mayonnaise and 1T. unrefined coconut oil*
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, can use light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon scallion, cleaned and minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (or parsley), cleaned and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh jalepeno, cleaned and minced (to taste)
- sea salt to taste
- 1 medium hass avocado, ripe, pitted, chopped
Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl.
Mash well with a large fork until all is combined. Taste for seasonings. Make sure the avocado is very ripe
so the dip is creamy and beautifully green in color.
* Home made coconut mayonnaise:
Place pastured egg yolks in a medium bowl. Gently melt unrefined and organic coconut oil and drizzle in to the yolks. VERY slowly at first, drop by drop.
Add seasonings; 2 t. lemon juice and 1/8 t. salt. Drizzle in 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil until all is emulsified. Place in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container.
Will harden, just place on counter top an hour before using, stir up well.
Great with: Crispy Coconut Baked Zucchini Sticks – Gluten Free (see recipe.)
Makes 1 1/2 cups.