A zesty, simple emulsified vinaigrette with lemon and lime and little cubes of fresh avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon lime rind, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon fresh jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh shallot, peeled, minced
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil*
- 2 tablespoons fresh avocado, cut in to little 1/4″ cubes
Place the first 7 ingredients (lemon juice through honey) in a small bowl.
Slowly drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify with a fork or whisk.
Add the avocado cubes, stir in.
Will stay fresh for 2 days refrigerated in a clean glass jar.
Or, add the avocado to the vinaigrette before serving (let stand 1/2 hour to infuse the flavors.)
Vinaigrette lasts a few weeks refrigerated without the avocado.
*Like avocado oil? Can use half avocado oil and half olive oil in the recipe.
Serve with: Wood Fired Beet Salad with Avocado-Citrus Vinaigrette (see recipe)
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.
Makes: 1/3 cup, easily doubled.