Karen’s Simple Rhubarb Vinaigrette
The perfect vinaigrette for your Spring Salads and great for drizzling on top of vegetables! A
A beautiful color and light and fruity flavor ~ my favorite Spring Dressing
This Rhubarb Vinaigrette has just a few simple ingredients.
Start with my Rhubarb Vinegar, and add minced garlic & sea salt. Drizzle in neutral oil slowly until beautifully emulsified.
Yes, you can add a few more flavoring ingredients – like ground cloves, freshly cracked pepper or grainy mustard…
Yet here I am keeping the ingredients pure and simple – so the rhubarb flavor really shines through.
Karen's Simple Rhubarb Vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons homemade rhubarb vinegar (see recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic peeled; finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup neutral oil* such as safflower oil
- Make the Rhubarb Vinegar (see recipe.) Add 4 tablespoons rhubarb vinegar to a small, deep bowl. Add garlic and salt – blend in with a wire whisk.
- Measure the oil in a pyrex measuring cup. Drizzle in very slowly in a thin stream to emulsify whisking with the wire whisk. Take your time here so the vinaigrette does not break. Add any optional ingredients.Add to a clean glass jar and keep refrigerated for up to one month.
Optional add-in ingredients:
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, ⅛ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper, 1 teaspoon grainy mustard