The perfect Zesty Vinaigrette for Salads and Beyond!
This vinaigrette is my daily salad dressing staple! Easily whisk ingredients together and store in the refrigerator. Terrific paired with my: Radicchio Salad with Mustard Croutons and Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard (see my recipe below!)
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely grated
- 1/3 cup shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (fresh cracked to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs, Italian seasonings or oregano; crushed with your fingertips
- 1/2 cup oil, canola or olive (use 2/3 cup for less tangy)
Add the first 8 ingredients to a medium sized bowl.
Use a whisk to combine. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to macerate.
Measure the oil in a pyrex measuring cup.
Drizzle the oil into the bowl; in a thin stream, whisking to start until emulsified – then a larger stream until all combined and emulsified.
Store the vinaigrette in an airtight glass carafe or jar with a tight seal.
Refrigerate and use within 3 weeks.
* with concerns about gmo’s and processing of oils, use a vegetable oil which has not been chemically treated, this is called “expeller pressed.”
See BLOG for many more photos and information.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer
Makes about 1 cup (easily doubled)