Ah Summer Tomato Gazpacho! A blender base is topped with Summer Heirloom Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Herbs… Simply Divine!
- 8 large plum tomatoes , preferably san marzano – coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- ½ medium green pepper, seeded and chopped, about 1/2 cup
- ½ cup fresh cucumbers, try persian or white cucumber (special summer variety)
- ½ teaspoon serrano chile, or more if you like spicier
- 1 large fresh garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup fresh white bread, lightly toasted – can use gluten-free bread
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more for drizzling on the soup
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ cup fresh cucumbers, cut into 1/4″ dice – try persian or white cucumber (special summer variety)
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/4″ dice – use a variety of colorful, room temperature tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, such as chives and petite basil
For the Soup Base:
Place the first 10 ingredients into the carafe of a blender (plum tomatoes through sherry vinegar.) Blend on low speed, then proceed to high until smooth. No need to strain. Chill the base until cold.
For the Toppings:
Pour the soup into 4 bowls. Divide the cucumbers and tomatoes evenly on top of the soup base.
Top each with fresh herbs of your choice.
I have used – Fresh Chives and Petite Basil Leaves