The perfect condiment to add flavor and a layer of heat to many foods. Try it with my Spring Minty Pea Soup
- 2 large scallions, cleaned, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt, such as Maldon
- ½ teaspoon light miso paste
- ½ teaspoon natural cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, peeled, finely grated
- 2 teaspoon hot filtered water
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes, ground – or to taste
- a few shakes of rice vinegar, optional
Place scallions in a small serving bowl.
Place the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl, mix well to blend the flavors and dissolve the sugar.
Add the paste to the serving bowl, mix in well. Taste, add a a few shakes of rice vinegar if desired.
Use within an hour, or refrigerate in a clean glass container for future use.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.
Makes: 1/4 cup, easily doubled