Glorious Grapefruit Sherbert with Three Ingredients – Vegan
Red Ruby Grapefruit Juice – with pulp is combined with Coconut Milk and Pure Cane Sugar. Churns to a light and creamy sherbert with a zesty, fruit flavor that is not too sweet and totally refreshing!
What is Sherbert (you might be thinking…) ?
Sherbet is not quite ice cream and not quite sorbet. It is made with fruit and water, but also has the addition of dairy—usually milk or buttermilk. This gives it a slightly creamier texture than sorbet, as well as a lighter, pastel color.
Mine is made with THREE Ingredients!
Freshly Squeezed Red Ruby Grapefruit Juice, Coconut Milk & Pure Cane Sugar.
Vegan – Coconut Milk replaces the usual dairy milk… and the taste: no strong coconut flavor (but I love toasted coconut on top for some crunch!)
My Grapefruit Sherbert is tart ~ and I’m loving it this way!
Sure, it could be a palate cleanser, but I find it totally refreshing as a light dessert after dinner.
Enjoy this special zesty sherbert!
Glorious Grapefruit Sherbert - 3 Ingredients - Vegan!
- 1/2 cup red ruby grapefruit juice freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red ruby grapefruit pulp*
- 1 cup coconut milk not "lite" (I use organic)
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar I use organic
Optional Toasted Coconut Topping:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut** toasted, I use organic
- Add the coconut milk and sugar to a small pot, set to low heat. Stir over a simmer until the sugar is just dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add to a medium sized bowl to fit. Add the grapefruit juice and pulp. Cool. Cover tightly and refrigerate until very cold or overnight.
- Process in an ice cream machine until firm. Scoop into a pint container, will have a little extra. Freeze and enjoy!
- ** A nice touch: Add toasted coconut on top of the sherbert! Add to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a 300 degree oven until just golden, about 6 minutes. Keep an eye on it, can darken quickly!