Meyer Lemons “they have a way of brightening a gloomy winter’s day with natural sunshine.”
- 2″ knob fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sweet onions, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon meyer lemon rind, grated
- 4 tablespoons fresh meyer lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 medium fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ teaspoon natural cane sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil*
Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender.
Start on low speed, and proceed to medium speed. Process until well blended, one minute; a little texture is good. Store in a clean glass container in the refrigerator.
Serve on Roasted Eggplant Salad (See Recipe.)
This dressing has very little oil – to compliment but not saturate the eggplant which has been roasted in oil.
To use as a dressing: drizzle in a few tablespoons of neutral oil.
Works as a perfect dip for your favorite grilled foods… chicken, shrimp, scallops, vegetables or tofu.
* with concerns about gmo’s and processing of oils, use a vegetable oil which has not been chemically treated, this is called “expeller pressed.”
Makes: 1/3 cup, serves: 6