Karen’s Hatch Chili Oil
A quick infused oil with lingering mild heat.
Dried Red & Green Hatch Chiles are infused with a fruity olive oil. Lends a mild kick and an extra boost of Southwestern flavor.
Karen's Hatch Chile Oil
Dried Red & Green Hatch Chiles are infused with a fruity olive oil. Lends a mild kick and a Southwestern flavor.
Servings: 15 servingsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil a fruity variety
- 1/4 cup Safflower Oil or other expeller pressed neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons Red & Green Dried Chile Flakes (I have used Trader Joe's brand)
- Add both oils to the small pot. Raise heat to medium, add a candy thermometer and wait until it reads 250 degees. Hint: oil will come to a shimmer in about 3 minutes.
- Take off heat. Let cool down one minute. Add the dried chiles - they will sizzle. Let cool.Add to a sterile glass container and refrigerate. Use within one month.
Makes 15, 2 teaspoon servings. Use with recipe: Southwest Style Green Shakshuka with Hatch Chili Oil. This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.