So much better than store-bought! Whisk these ingredients together – for a sauce… add some lemon juice for a dressing
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ⅔ cups mayonnaise, I like “just mayo”
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons scallions, cleaned and dried, minced – whites & greens
- ¼ teaspoon jalapeño, minced (a little more if you like spicy)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, cleaned and dried – minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, peeled and finely grated, or minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon pure cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons aged gouda cheese, coarsely grated
Whisk all ingredients together until well mixed.
Store in a clean, glass container in the refrigerator. Will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks.
For Zesty Ranch Dressing:
Whisk in a few tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, start with 2 tablespoons.
Serve with: Lettuce Wrapped Chicken Burger with Zesty Ranch (See Recipe!)
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of it’s author, Karen Sheer.
Makes: about 1 1/2 cups