A Zesty & Pungent Dressing and Marinade ~ which is versatile for everyday cooking… brightens up all it touches. Big, bold flavors await in this simple, whisked dressing/marinade.
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh garlic, peeled and grated
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon sweet onions, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon sriracha or hot chili sauce
- ½ teaspoon tamari sauce, or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon miso, sweet, light
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup neutral oil*
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon fresh orange rind, greated (optional)
Toast sesame seeds in a small skillet over low-medium heat, stirring constantly until golden, about 3 minutes.
In a medium sized bowl, add the first 10 ingredients, ginger through sesame seeds.
Whisk well, measure the oils, and drizzle in whisking until emulsified. Add orange rind if desired.
Store in a sterile, glass container and refrigerate.
Will last a few weeks.
* with concerns about gmo’s and processing of oils, use a vegetable oil which has not been chemically treated, this is called “expeller pressed”.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.
See Carrot-Ginger-Mint Salad recipe – a wonderful recipe using this dressing & marinade.
Layer with Grilled Chicken or “Pressed” Tofu for a light and lovely main course.
Makes: 1 cup, easily doubled.
A great, healthful dressing and marinade.