- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, cleaned and dried
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
Pour 1 t. extra virgin olive oil on a cutting board. Add the fresh oregano, finely mince (the oil will keep the oregano bright.)
Add to a medium sized bowl with the garlic, mustard, lemon and orange juice and the salt.
Let macerate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Measure the olive oil, SLOWLY stream into the bowl with a whisk until emulsified.
Store in the refrigerator in a clean glass jar.
An assertive dressing – great with composed grain salads.
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.
Makes: 3/4 cup