My go-to cold soup in summer! Cool and Refreshing. A dose of Probiotics and Fiber in every spoonful.
- 3 large kale leaves, cleaned
- 2 cups fresh cucumbers, cleaned, chopped*
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeño, seeded (more if you like spicy)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint sprigs, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, cleaned
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups kefir
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cups greek yogurt
- 2 medium ripe apricots, cleaned
- ½ cup grated cucumbers, (patted dry in a paper towel)
Blanch the kale leaves: Remove stems from kale, lightly chop and place in a small bowl.
Pour boiling water over to cover. Let sit 2 minutes and drain.
Place the first 9 ingredients in the carafe of a blender (blanched kale through kefir.)
Blend on low speed, then proceed to high until the soup is blended, but still has a little texture, about 30 seconds.
Add the yogurt and walnuts, blend on low to medium speed until the walnuts are finely chopped, about 10 seconds.
Place the soup in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Serve when cold.
To serve: Pour the soup into individual bowls. Pit and slice the apricots thinly.
Garnish each with apricots, grated cucumbers an some extra mint and dill sprigs.
* Try Asian Cucumbers, thin skinned – less seeds
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of it’s author, Karen Sheer