A Zesty Citrus Dressing – adds a great tang and balance to your favorite salads – and a wonderful color
Try: Spring Grilled Asparagus Salad ~ Blood Orange Buttermilk Dressing (see recipe)
A restaurant quality Spring Salad
- 1 ½ tablespoons blood orange juice, a ltlle pulp is good
- ½ teaspoon fresh garlic, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon blood orange rind, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, I use “Just Mayo”
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl add the first 7 ingredients, blood orange juice through black pepper.
Stir well with a whisk. Let stand 15 minutes to macerate.
Add the mayonnaise, buttermilk and oil – whisk until creamy and thick.
Pour into a clean glass container and refrigerate. Will stay for up to 2 weeks.
Use with: Spring Grilled Asparagus Salad ~ Blood Orange Buttermilk Dressing
This recipe may not be reproduced without the consent of its author, Karen Sheer.
Makes: about 1/2 cup, can easily double.