Also, try with Gluten Free Corn Flakes, crushed.
- 5 pounds chicken thighs, bone in, skin removed (8 – 9 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, your favorite brand (see note)
- 4 teaspoons fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 ¼ cups panko crumbs, or up to 1 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons parmesan reggiano cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley, or can use fresh minced
Trim and discard fat from the chicken. Can us drumsticks if you like. Place in a large bowl, mix in the hot sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Let marinate to penetrate the flavors for 20 minutes. Add the buttermilk to the bowl, mix in. Seal tight, refrigerate for a few hours (at least two), or overnight. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take out the chicken, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, while the oven heats. Place a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet, spray with oil and set aside. Place the panko, parmesan and parsley in a shallow bowl. Dredge each piece of chicken into the coating using tongs. Put each piece on the wire rack, and repeat until all are used. Spray with a little oil and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, turning the pan once. Test with a small sharp knife, and make sure the juices run clear.
For a gluten free recipe, in place of the panko crumbs – grind up some Gluten Free Corn Flakes from a health food store, delicious!
Hot sauce heat varies, use 1 T. to reduce some heat.