- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1 ¼ cups farro
- 6 spears white asparagus, or green, peeled
- 1 medium zucchini, cut 1/2″ dice
- 1 medium asian zucchini, cut 1/2″ dice
- ½ medium yellow summer squash, cut 1/2″ dice
- 1 medium red pepper, cut 1/2″ dice
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cut 1/2 ” dice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 ear corn, husked and cleaned
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled, try french or bulgarian types
- ¼ cup natural almonds, chopped
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- 6 medium dried figs, chopped
- ¼ cupparsley, cleaned, dried and chopped
- ½ cup recipe – Rosy White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Make the Rosy White Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe below). Bring the water to a boil in a 2 quart opt. Add the farro, stir and cover at a simmer for 20 minutes until cooked through, but firm to the bite. Place the warm farro in a large bowl and add 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Have ready a roasting pan. Add the whole peeled asparagus spears, ear of corn, three zucchinis, and peppers. Add 2 t. canola oil and the salt and pepper. Mix with your hands to coat. Roast vegetables in the oven for 10 minutes. The asparagus and corn will be done first, remove them to a plate when they are a roasted golden color. Turn over the zucchini and peppers with a spatula, and roast another 10 minutes or so until they are golden. Remove from the oven, keep the oven on. Cut the asparagus into 1 ” lengths. Cut the kernels off the cob of corn. Add vegetables to the bowl with the farro. Place the almonds and 1/2 t. canola oil in the oven, and toast for a few minutes until golden.
Be careful not to burn. Cool. Add the feta cheese, almonds, dried figs and parsley. Mix well. Add 1/4 cup of vinaigrette. Marinate in the refrigerator until cold.
This will also blend the flavors. Taste and add some more vinaigrette if desired.