- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 cups mixed julienned vegetables, see note
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil*
- 2 medium scallions, cleaned, sliced 1″ lengths
- ¾ cup fresh bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons chopped toasted peanuts
- ½ recipe master pad thai master blender sauce and marinade**
Have the recipe for “Pad Thai Master Marinade and Saute Sauce” ready.
Soak the rice noodles as the package suggests. The soaking time will depend on the brand you have, and the thickness of the noodles. Drain when done.
In a wok, add 3 tablespoons of oil, raise heat to high and add the julienned vegetables of your choice and the scallions. Stir fry until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Add the soaked and drained noodles and 1/2 cup of master marinade/saute sauce. Lower heat to medium, stir fry all together until well blended.
Taste for seasonings. Serve the pad thai on individual plates, top with peanuts and fresh bean sprouts.
Skewer cubes of firm tofu (drained of excess water) with scallions on skewers. Brush liberally with the marinade sauce. Let stand for 30 minures at room temperature. Broil until very golden and crisp. Serve on the side of the Pad Thai if you wish. See photo in Blog.
* with concerns about gmo’s and processing of oils , use a vegetable oil which has not been chemically treated, this is called “expeller pressed”.
Veggies for consideration: Snow Peas, Snap Peas, Zucchini, Summer Squash (yellow), Peppers (all colors), Red Onions, Yellow Onions, Carrots (all colors), Eggplant, Mushrooms, Broccoli (and Broccolini), Fresh Spinach and Asparagus